[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Theory Seminar today at 13:00

TRIUMF Seminars triumf-seminars at lists.triumf.ca
Tue Jul 30 05:00:03 PDT 2013

Date/Time: Tue 2013-07-30 at 13:00

Location:  Theory Room

Speaker:   We-Fu Chang (Natl. Tsing-Hua U)

Title:     Effective gauge-Higgs operators analysis of new physics associated  with the Higgs

Abstract: We study the new physics(NP) related to the recent discovered 125 GeV Higgs
by employing an important subset of the standard model(SM) gauge invariant
dimension-six operators constructed by the the SM Higgs and  gauge fields.
Explicitly, we perform a model-independent study on the production and decays
of the Higgs, the electric dipole moments(EDM) of the neutron and the
electron, and we take into account the anomalous magnetic dipole moments of
muon  and electron as well.

 We find that,  even all Higgs decay channels agree with the SM predictions,
the SM theoretical uncertainties provide a lot of room to host NP associated
with the 125 GeV boson.

A linear relation is revealed in our numerical study that  $\mu_{ZZ}\simeq
\mu_{WW}$ and $ 0.6 \lesssim \mu_{ZZ,WW} \lesssim 1.4$ at 95%CL with or
without the EDM's constraints.

The neutron and electron EDM's  severely constrain the relevant Wilson
coefficients. Therefore the CP violating components in the $h\rightarrow WW,
ZZ$ channels  are too small, $\sim{ \cal O}(10^{-5})$,  to be detected at LHC.

However, we point out that even the parity of the 125GeV boson has been
largely determined to be even in the $h-> ZZ$ channel, one should pay special
attention to the potentially large CP violation in the $h-> \gamma\gamma$ and
$h-> \gamma Z$ channels.

This should be seriously checked in the future spin correlation experiments.