[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Theory Seminar today at 13:00

TRIUMF Seminars triumf-seminars at lists.triumf.ca
Tue Aug 20 05:00:03 PDT 2013

Date/Time: Tue 2013-08-20 at 13:00

Location:  Theory Room

Speaker:   Hyun-Chul Kim (Inha University)

Title:     Flavor structure of the nucleon electromagnetic form factors and transverse charge densities

Abstract: I present recent works on the flavor structure of the nucleon electromagnetic form factors and transverse charge densities, based on the chiral quark-soliton model. The results of the flavor-decomposed electromagnetic form factors are discussed in comparison with the recent experimental data. In order to see the effects of the strange quark, we compare the SU(3) results with those of SU(2). I then discuss the transverse charge densities for both unpolarized and polarized nucleons. The results of the transverse charge densities in nuclear matter are also presented, based on the medium-modified Skyrme model.