[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Theory Seminar today at 09:30

TRIUMF Seminars triumf-seminars at lists.triumf.ca
Thu Jan 30 05:00:03 PST 2014

Date/Time: Thu 2014-01-30 at 09:30

Location:  Theory Room

Speaker:   Alessandro Roggero (University of Trento)

Title:     Quantum Monte Carlo simulations: from cold-atoms to neutron-stars

Abstract: In this talk I will present two techniques that we have developed at the
University of Trento, the first one allows to study dynamical properties
of Quantum Many-Body systems using integral transform techniques and the
second one is an extension of Quantum Monte Carlo algorithms to deal with
the modern Chiral Effective Field Theory interactions. I will show some
results on cold-atoms systems and on pure neutron matter which is relevant
for the physics of neutron-stars.