[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Technical Seminar today at 16:00

TRIUMF Seminars triumf-seminars at lists.triumf.ca
Mon Mar 10 05:00:04 PDT 2014

Date/Time: Mon 2014-03-10 at 16:00

Location:  Auditorium

Speaker:   Jim McKay (Candoo Systems)

Title:     IEEE Talk - Magnetic Field Sensors and Instrumentation: Types, Applications, Innovations, and Local Connections

Abstract: We are all familiar with magnetic fields, having seen their effects and studying at least the basic theory describing them at some point in our education. Sensors for measuring the amplitude and direction of magnetic fields have been in use since 1830's, but many engineers and scientists are not aware of the range and diversity of available magnetic field sensors (a.k.a magnetometers), or the recent developments in this area. It may also come as a surprise that local engineers & scientists have quietly been involved in the development of magnetometer technology for decades.

Stimulants available 15 minutes before the talk.