[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Theory Seminar today at 13:00

TRIUMF Seminars triumf-seminars at lists.triumf.ca
Tue Jul 15 05:00:02 PDT 2014

Date/Time: Tue 2014-07-15 at 13:00

Location:  Theory Room

Speaker:   Daniel Trewartha (U Adelaide)

Title:     Centre Vortex Effects on the Quark Propagator in Lattice QCD

Abstract: The identity of the fundamental aspects of the QCD vacuum that are responsible for the dynamical generation of mass through chiral symmetry breaking is an ongoing source of debate. We investigate the role of centre vortices, topological defects in the gauge field, using lattice QCD. We study the quark propagator and associated mass function on gauge-field backgrounds featuring the removal of centre vortices as well as on vortex-only backgrounds, and present novel results for the dependence of the propagator on the underlying topology of the gauge field.