[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Theory Seminar today at 13:00

TRIUMF Seminars triumf-seminars at lists.triumf.ca
Tue Feb 24 05:00:02 PST 2015

Date/Time: Tue 2015-02-24 at 13:00

Location:  Theory Seminar Room

Speaker:   Johannes Simonis (TUD) ()

Title:     Three-nucleon forces: From oxygen to calcium

Abstract: We study ground- and excited-state properties of medium-mass nuclei based on chiral two- and three-nucleon interactions. Our results are based on a many-body perturbation theory approach combined with large-scale diagonalizations. In particular, we will focus on on the impact of 3N forces on observables, e.g. electromagnetic transitions, and on theoretical uncertainty estimates by considering Hamiltonians at different resolution and different sets of low-energy constants.