[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Particle Phys/SciTec Seminar today at 14:00

TRIUMF Seminars triumf-seminars at lists.triumf.ca
Tue Mar 17 10:37:05 PDT 2015

Date/Time: Mon 2015-03-16 at 14:00

Location:  Auditorium

Speaker:   Fabrice Retiere (TRIUMF)

Title:     SNOLAB and the Canada First Research Excellence Fund

Abstract: Queens University is leading an application to the newly created Canada First Research Excellence Fund to support research at SNOLAB. The application was submitted in collaboration with University of Alberta, Carleton University, Laurentian University, Universite de Montreal, and University of Toronto as well as two non-eligible partners, SNOLAB and TRIUMF. I will review the research context at SNOLAB discussing current and future experiments. I will also discuss the CFREF framework that is a very significant new source of funding for research in Canada. This seminar is meant to encourage discussions regarding funding opportunities for research involving TRIUMF.

Please bring your own lunch.