[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Nuclear Physics Seminar today at 15:30

TRIUMF Seminars triumf-seminars at lists.triumf.ca
Mon Mar 23 05:00:03 PDT 2015

Date/Time: Mon 2015-03-23 at 15:30

Location:  Auditorium

Speaker:   Nir Barnea (Hebrew University)

Title:     Lattice nuclei and EFT

Abstract: In this talk we present how nuclear effective field theory (EFT)  and  ab initio nuclear-structure methods can turn input from lattice quantum chromodynamics (LQCD) into predictions for the properties of nuclei. We argue that pionless EFT is the appropriate theory to describe the light nuclei obtained in LQCD simulations carried out at  pion masses heavier than the physical pion mass.

Viewable at the URL below, please contact Greg Hackman (hackman at triumf dot ca) for access code:

http://mediasitemob1.mediagroup.ubc.ca/Mediasite/Catalog/catalogs/TriumfNuclearPhysics