[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Particle Phys/SciTec Seminar today at 12:15

TRIUMF Seminars triumf-seminars at lists.triumf.ca
Fri Jun 19 05:00:00 PDT 2015

Date/Time: Fri 2015-06-19 at 12:15

Location:  Auditorium

Speaker:   Thomas Lindner (TRIUMF)

Title:     Developments from the Computing in High Energy Physics Conference

Abstract: I will report on the topics that I found most interesting at CHEP-2015.  In particular, I will report on the items of interest to small and medium sized experiments. These include developments in DAQ frameworks, ROOT, GEANT, cloud computing, operating systems and the efficient usage of more complicated modern hardware, such as multi-core and GPU processing.  In addition, I will touch on the impressive developments necessary to support LHC run-2.

Please bring your own lunch.