[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Theory Seminar today at 13:00

TRIUMF Seminars triumf-seminars at lists.triumf.ca
Tue Sep 15 05:00:01 PDT 2015

Date/Time: Tue 2015-09-15 at 13:00

Location:  Theory Room

Speaker:   Alex Wijangco (TRIUMF)

Title:     Composite Mediators and the Galactic Center Excess

Abstract: We present a model of dark matter where the mediator that connects the dark sector to the Standard Model is tied to electroweak symmetry breaking through the composite Higgs scenario. A non-minimal coset space furnishes pseudo-Nambu Goldstone bosons that include both the Higgs and the additional gauge-singlet mediator. This contrasts with typical extensions of Higgs portal models in that it does not invoke a two Higgs doublet model while also prescribing a set of couplings between the Higgs and the mediator. While this construction is general, we focus on the simplest non-minimal composite Higgs coset, SO(6)/SO(5). We use this scenario to identity a form of dark matter that can explain the galactic center excess observed by the Fermi satellite.