[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Theory Seminar today at 13:00

TRIUMF Seminars triumf-seminars at lists.triumf.ca
Tue Mar 29 05:00:01 PDT 2016

Date/Time: Tue 2016-03-29 at 13:00

Location:  Theory Seminar Room

Speaker:   George Papadimitriou (Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory)

Title:     Calculations of exotic nuclei and the impact of continuum degrees of freedom

Abstract: I will present calculations of weakly bound or unbound dripline nuclei using many-body techniques that are suitable for their more precise description.  In particular I will show calculations in the Berggren basis (a basis that treats continuum states and resonances on the same footing) of Hydrogen isotopes and preliminary results for the tetraneutron resonance state. Finally I will present the complex scaling approach, showing how it has been utilized to incorporate realistic interactions and what could be the possible paths for using such technique in calculations of nuclear structure and reaction aspects.