[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Theory Seminar today at 13:00

TRIUMF Seminars triumf-seminars at lists.triumf.ca
Tue Apr 12 05:00:02 PDT 2016

Date/Time: Tue 2016-04-12 at 13:00

Location:  Auditorium

Speaker:   Dave McKeen (U Washington)

Title:     Lessons we can learn from a 750 GeV diphoton resonance

Abstract: The potential discovery of a new state at the LHC has led to an extreme amount of excitement. Much of the work so far has been focused on analyzing whether particular models fit the data. I will describe some of the general consequences such a discovery would have on popular explanations of the data--models involving a new confining sector at a high scale or composite Higgs scenarios - and connections to areas of physics beyond collider phenomenology.