[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Theory Seminar today at 13:00

TRIUMF Seminars triumf-seminars at lists.triumf.ca
Tue Aug 23 05:00:01 PDT 2016

Date/Time: Tue 2016-08-23 at 13:00

Location:  Auditorium

Speaker:   Xiao-Gang He (National Taiwan University)

Title:     Flavor Physics - Problem Driven Views 2016

Abstract: In this talk I will review the present status of flavor physics in the standard model and then I will discuss challenges from experimental data in various anomalies showed up recently, such as those in B decays and also effects on flavor physics from possible existence of new particles indicated by data. Several theoretical solutions to some of the anomalies will be discussed. Minimal flavor violation as a model independent framework for flavor physics will be discussed in some details.