[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Theory Seminar today at 13:00

TRIUMF Seminars triumf-seminars at lists.triumf.ca
Tue Nov 15 05:00:00 PST 2016

Date/Time: Tue 2016-11-15 at 13:00

Location:  Theory Room

Speaker:   Can Kilic (U Texas)

Title:     Aspects of Lepton-Flavored Dark Matter

Abstract: Model-building efforts for Dark Matter (DM) in the past few decades have been strongly influenced by a possible connection with the Higgs hierarchy problem. As the constraints for partners of Standard Model (SM) particles are becoming more stringent, it is worthwhile to explore other approaches to thinking about DM. I will present the scenario of Lepton Flavored Dark Matter (LFDM) where DM comes in three generations, and where it interacts directly with the SM leptons. I will highlight variations of this setup such as alternative flavor structures in the coupling to the SM, an origin for the relic abundance based on an asymmetry or the thermal relic mechanism, and in each case I will explore distinctive signatures in direct detection and indirect detection experiments as well as at the Large Hadron Collider.