[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Theory Seminar today at 13:00

TRIUMF Seminars triumf-seminars at lists.triumf.ca
Fri Mar 10 05:00:00 PST 2017

Date/Time: Fri 2017-03-10 at 13:00

Location:  Theory Room

Speaker:   Chen Ji (ECT*)

Title:     What can halo EFT describe?

Abstract: Nuclear halos emerge as new degrees of freedom close to the neutron and proton driplines.  In halo configuration, the core structure is unresolved while the halo mechanism can be described by short-range low-energy effective interactions between the core and the valence nucleons. Halo effective field theory (Halo EFT) describes low-energy universal correlations in nuclear halos and calculates non-universal corrections through systematic expansions of low/high-momentum scales. I will give a review on halo EFT studies of binding energies, electric/magnetic radii, Coulomb dissociation, and radiative capture, explain the connections of these observables to low-energy scattering parameters, and apply the predictions to understand experimental findings. I will also discuss the connections between halo EFT and ab initio theories, which may extend the predictive powers in understanding halo properties.

[1] H.-W. Hammer, C. Ji, D. R. Phillips, arXiv:1702.08605.