[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Colloquium today at 14:00

TRIUMF Seminars triumf-seminars at lists.triumf.ca
Thu Apr 27 05:00:02 PDT 2017

Date/Time: Thu 2017-04-27 at 14:00

Location:  Auditorium

Speaker:   Jonathan Engle (University of Wisconsin)

Title:     Manganese-51 and -52g for Positron Emission Tomography Imaging

Abstract: Mn-51 and Mn-52g show promise for a variety of medical applications. The Cyclotron Research Group at the University of Wisconsin has investigated their production via charged particle bombardments and their radiochemical isolation from cyclotron target materials. We have also explored their application in preclinical settings to various models of human diseases such as cancer and diabetes. I will describe the production methods we have developed, including measurements made to correct the accepted half-life of Mn-51 by more than 5σ. I will also briefly treat our attempts to use Mn-52g as a radiotracer label for antibody imaging and Mn-51 as a monitor of pancreatic beta cell viability.

Please contact seminar at triumf.ca if you would like to meet with the speaker.