[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Colloquium today at 14:00

TRIUMF Seminars triumf-seminars at lists.triumf.ca
Fri May 12 05:00:00 PDT 2017

Date/Time: Fri 2017-05-12 at 14:00

Location:  Auditorium

Speaker:   Particle Theorist (TBA)

Title:     Out of the Higgs Era into the Dark

Abstract: The discovery of the Higgs boson marked an outstanding success for the high-energy community. A detailed study of its properties is still ongoing. Yet, it could provide us with new insights into some of the most fundamental questions in nature, e.g. dark matter or the observed matter/antimatter asymmetry. A coordinated approach, cross-correlating searches and measurements from different experiments will give us the best chance to improve our understanding on extensions of the Standard Model. I argue that our current approaches of analyzing data at the LHC are not optimal and in what way they can be improved. Further, I will outline future directions in high-energy phenomenology where I anticipate potential for progress in probing UV models.