[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Colloquium today at 14:00

TRIUMF Seminars triumf-seminars at lists.triumf.ca
Thu Oct 26 05:00:02 PDT 2017

Date/Time: Thu 2017-10-26 at 14:00

Location:  Auditorium

Speaker:   Paul Percival (SFU)

Title:     Muonium chemistry at TRIUMF -- a personal journey

Abstract: Muonium is the exotic atom comprised of a single-electron and a positive muon as nucleus. From the chemical point of view it is a light isotope of H. Some researchers (notably Don Fleming's group at TRIUMF) have used Mu to study kinetic isotope effects. My own research has concentrated on applications of muonium as a tracer, to explore chemistry under conditions where conventional H atom experiments are difficult or impossible. For my talk I will provide a partial overview of my TRIUMF research (since 1979!), picking examples from diverse topics to demonstrate how muonium chemists "got there first".

TRIUMF Joint Faculty Colloquium