[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Theory Seminar today at 13:00

TRIUMF Seminars triumf-seminars at lists.triumf.ca
Tue Oct 31 05:00:02 PDT 2017

Date/Time: Tue 2017-10-31 at 13:00

Location:  Theory Seminar Room

Speaker:   Jimmy Rotureau (Michigan State University)

Title:     Combining structure and reaction : microscopic optical potential and description of weakly-bound/unbound systems.

Abstract: Nuclei in the vicinity of the driplines display exotic features (halo configurations, unbound ground states..) which do not occur for systems near the valley of stability. All these particularities are manifestations of the strong coupling with the decay/reaction channels in these regions of the nuclear chart. Similarly, the structure of nuclei involved in reaction processes has an impact on scattering observables.  This calls for  theoretical development where both structure and reaction are combined in unified approaches.
During this talk, I will present our latest results for (i) the construction of microscopic  nucleon-nucleus optical potential using the Coupled Cluster theory with recent chiral-EFT Hamiltonians and (ii)  the description  of neutron-rich Oxygen and Helium isotopes where the coupling to the continuum is accounted for microscopically.