[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Accelerator Seminar, Wed 2018-02-07 at 14:30

TRIUMF Seminars triumf-seminars at lists.triumf.ca
Mon Feb 5 17:36:31 PST 2018

Date/Time: Wed 2018-02-07 at 14:30

Location: ISAC-2 conf. room

Speaker: Dr. Tim Giles (CERN-ISOLDE   EN/STI/RBS)

Title: "Beam Quality at Isolde"

Abstract: Beam quality in RIB facilities is of ever increasing importance: as driver beam intensities rise and experiments focus on higher beam energies and more exotic isotopes, it becomes vital to improve separation of beam contaminants and decrease losses.  This means reducing the beam emittance and routinely deploying high-quality tunes in increasingly complex beam-lines.  I will discuss a number of topics concerned with optimising and characterising the beam quality, including:

I will discuss a number of topics concerned with optimising and characterising the beam quality, including:
Frontend optics and lens design
The Isolde RFQ beam-cooler
The new Offline-2 lab, which will serve as a development platform for new ion-sources and beam handling
Automatic beam-tuning
A high-speed tape-station for radioactive yield measurements