[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Nuclear Physics Seminar today at 14:15

TRIUMF Seminars triumf-seminars at lists.triumf.ca
Tue Oct 9 05:00:00 PDT 2018

Date/Time: Tue 2018-10-09 at 14:15

Location:  Auditorium

Speaker:   Adrian Valverde (University of Notre Dame)

Title:     Precision Mass Measurements for Astrophysical Applications at LEBIT and the CPT

Abstract: Precision mass measurements are critical to the understanding of astrophysical nucleosynthesis pathways. In this talk, I will discuss two applications of Penning trap mass spectrometry to nuclear astrophysics. The first of these will be the mass measurement using the LEBIT Penning trap at
the National Superconducting Cyclotron Laboratory of Copper-56, which is of interest to the understanding of the mass flow around the Nickel-56 waiting point in the rp-process. Second, I will discuss the design and development of a facility under construction at Argonne National Laboratory, the N=126 factory, which will allow mass measurements of importance for understanding the A~195 peak of the r-process using the CPT.