[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Theory Seminar today at 13:00

TRIUMF Seminars triumf-seminars at lists.triumf.ca
Tue Oct 9 05:00:00 PDT 2018

Date/Time: Tue 2018-10-09 at 13:00

Location:  Theory Room

Speaker:   Djuna Lize Croon (TRIUMF)

Title:     Gravitational Waves signatures of Dark Matter

Abstract: In anticipation of data from the next generation of gravitational wave experiments and pulsar timing arrays, I will discuss the opportunities for phenomenological studies of particle physics beyond the Standard Model. I will discuss various astrophysical and cosmological sources of gravitational waves, including modified BNS/BBH binary mergers, exotic compact objects, and cosmic phase transitions. I will also comment on the dark matter relic abundance and complementarity with other experimental dark sector probes.