[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Student Seminar today at 16:00

TRIUMF Seminars triumf-seminars at lists.triumf.ca
Wed Nov 20 05:00:00 PST 2019

Date/Time: Wed 2019-11-20 at 16:00

Location:  Auditorium

Speaker:   Neha Choudhary (UBC)

Title:     IsoSiM Student Seminars: "Chelator for PET imaging using Ga-68 and Cu-64"

Abstract: Bifunctional chelators play an important role in sequestering a radiometal ion from the aqueous solution by forming a thermodynamically stable and kinetically inert metal complex, which can be transported to the target specific site in vivo via it’s attached targeting vector. Herein, we have investigated a new hexadentate non-macrocyclic chelator, H3glyox, for its high metal ion (44/47Sc, 64/67Cu, 68Ga, 111In) sequestering ability to be used in nuclear imaging and therapeutic applications. The ability of H3glyox to radiolabel the potential theranostic metallic radionuclides such as 111In and 44/47Sc quantitatively (radiochemical yield > 98 %) at room temperature within 15 minutes even at concentrations as low as 10^-8 M is presented. In this talk, I will discuss the radiolabeling experiments with radionuclides Ga-68 and Cu-64 which were performed at Helmholtz Center in Dresden-Rossendorf, Germany

Stimulants available 15 minutes before the talk.