[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Theory Seminar today at 13:00

TRIUMF Seminars triumf-seminars at lists.triumf.ca
Tue Nov 26 05:00:00 PST 2019

Date/Time: Tue 2019-11-26 at 13:00

Location:  Theory Room

Speaker:   Shirley Li (SLAC)

Title:     Challenges in modern neutrino oscillation experiments

Abstract: The Deep Underground Neutrino Experiment (DUNE) will be the leading next-generation particle project in the US.  It aims to measure CP violation in the neutrino sector and determine the mass ordering of neutrinos.  These measurements are straightforward conceptually but challenging practically.  One outstanding issue is the modeling of GeV neutrino-nucleus interaction.  With a lack of a proper theoretical framework, it is not only difficult to simulate neutrino events in the detector accurately, but also difficult to assess its impact on the physics measurements.  I will discuss our attempts at assessing the cross section uncertainty impact and the way forward.