[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Colloquium, Thu 2020-03-12 at 14:00 (with livestream link)

TRIUMF Seminars triumf-seminars at lists.triumf.ca
Thu Mar 12 05:31:55 PDT 2020

Date/Time: Thu 2020-03-12 at 14:00

Location: Auditorium

Speaker: Pat Scott (University of Queensland)

Title: Searches for dark matter and new physics with GAMBIT

Abstract:
Livestream link: https://mediasite.audiovisual.ubc.ca/Mediasite/Play/098ef99b9ec14958912511e3e7c07ac91d

I will give an introduction to GAMBIT, the Global and Modular Beyond-the-Standard Inference Tool, focusing on the Beyond-the-Standard-Model science programme currently being pursued with it.  This includes indirect searches for dark matter with gamma-rays and neutrinos, direct searches with a range of underground experiments, cosmological constraints, associated searches for new particles at the LHC and in flavour experiments, and precision tests of the Standard Model.  I will present the latest combined constraints on a range of different models for new physics, ranging from Higgs-portal dark matter to axions and supersymmetry, as well as previewing a few GAMBIT extensions and results for other models on the near horizon.