[Triumf-seminars] UBC Physics & Astronomy Colloquium today at 16:00

TRIUMF Seminars triumf-seminars at lists.triumf.ca
Thu Mar 19 05:00:00 PDT 2020

Date/Time: Thu 2020-03-19 at 16:00

Location:  Remote

Speaker:   Dan Coombs (UBC Math)

Title:     Real-time modelling of the 2020 coronavirus epidemic

Abstract: I will talk about mathematical modelling reports from around the world for the emerging novel coronavirus epidemic. I will explain the mathematical methods, findings and potential significance. I will also try to link these reports to events in BC. This will be a significantly updated version of the talk I gave on January 31 in the Mathematics Department.

Connection Link:
https://mediasite.audiovisual.ubc.ca/Mediasite/Play/0f5e2f7d0b834b55b0fb01c6a5e8582b1d