[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Theory Seminar today at 13:00

TRIUMF Seminars triumf-seminars at lists.triumf.ca
Tue Oct 13 05:00:00 PDT 2020

Date/Time: Tue 2020-10-13 at 13:00

Location:  Remote

Speaker:   Dorota Grabowska (CERN)

Title:     Many (Weakly Coupled) Hadrons in a Box

Abstract: Numerical simulation of the QCD path integral provides the only known method to calculate, from first principles and with quantifiable errors, properties of nuclear systems. However, in order to carry out the necessary Monte Carlo importance sampling on classical hardware, the theory must not only be analytically continued into Euclidean space-time, but also defined in finite volume. This poses its own set complications, particularly for the extraction of scattering information, as this typically requires the existence of asymptotic states. In this talk, I will provide an introduction to the methods that we use to learn about infinite volume scattering from finite volume simulations, focusing particularly on the Luscher quantization method. After this introduction,  I will present some new tools and methods which aim to maximize the amount of information that can be gleaned from the simulations of weakly interacting few body systems.

Connection info:

https://bluejeans.com/712666151
Meeting ID: 712 666 151