[Videoconferencing] [ecs-status] The Return of MCU3.es.net - 88 (fwd)

Andrew Daviel advax at triumf.ca
Wed Dec 17 17:48:24 PST 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 17:33:41 -0800
From: ecs-status at es.net
To: ecs-status at es.net
Cc: ECS Admin <ecs-admin at es.net>
Subject: [ecs-status] The Return of MCU3.es.net - 88

Dear ECS Users,

Tomorrow 12/18/08 from 3:30pm - 4:30pm Pacific Time, ESnet Collaboration
Service will be returning the MCU3.es.net (88) service to the MCU array. You
may recall that there was a catastrophic hardware failure in the recent past
which caused us to pull the original unit from the array.

During the process of bringing the replacement MCU online, the gatekeeper will
be temporarily unavailable to connect new video calls. Calls in progress will
not be affected; therefore, we are advising that users connect early should a
conference be scheduled to begin within this 1 hour window.  Our perpetual goal
is to minimize downtime; therefore, we hope to have the gatekeeper back to
normal in as little as 15 minutes with MCU3.es.net to follow shortly
thereafter. We appreciate your patience as we continually strive to improve our
services.  Take care.

Sincerely,
Simon
ECS Technical Support