[Videoconferencing] [ecs-status] ECS Security Patches and MCU3.es.net (fwd)

Andrew Daviel advax at triumf.ca
Thu Dec 18 16:42:54 PST 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 16:09:15 -0800
From: ecs-status at es.net
To: ecs-status at es.net
Cc: ECS Admin <ecs-admin at es.net>
Subject: [ecs-status] ECS Security Patches and MCU3.es.net

Dear ECS Users,

On 12/19/08 at 10:00am Pacific, the MeetingPlace scheduling server (abm.es.net)
and Gatekeeper (gk1.es.net) will be rebooted in order to initiate required
security patches to the respective systems.  During this short 15 minute
process, Audio Bridge scheduling and new video calls will not be available.
Calls already in progress, both audio and video, will not be affected by this
event. Our apologies for the inconvenience but these patches are required to
ensure our services remain secure and stable for all. Please let us know if you
have specific questions or concerns by writing trouble at es.net.

Additionally, we're pleased to announce MCU3.es.net - 88 is now in service and
is configured identically to the other 2 MCUs.  We're back to the full 120
ports of video capacity along with complementary features including streaming,
web conferencing and telephone add-ins via the ISDN gateway.  Thank you for
using ESnet Collaboration Service.

Regards,
Simon
ECS Technical Support