[Videoconferencing] [ecs-status] EMERGENCY NOTICE FOR ESNET VIDEO CONFERENCING USERS (fwd)

Andrew Daviel advax at triumf.ca
Fri Nov 7 15:23:07 PST 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 15:08:45 -0800
From: ecs-status at es.net
To: ecs-status at es.net
Cc: ECS Admin <ecs-admin at es.net>
Subject: [ecs-status] EMERGENCY NOTICE FOR ESNET VIDEO CONFERENCING USERS

Dear ECS Users,

We regret to inform you that, effective immediately, MCU3.es.net -
Prefix 88 will be decommissioned and unavailable due to a major hardware
malfunction.  This emergency action has been deemed necessary in order
to eliminate the risk of failure of neighboring ECS services.

For those who have planned meetings on MCU3.es.net - Prefix 88, we
request that you move your meetings to one of our other available
services with the corresponding streaming URL and prefix as follows:

MCU1.es.net - Prefix 82
MCU2.es.net - Prefix 85

Please note, all 3 systems are identical with respect to connection
speed, features and configuration; therefore, other than entering a
different dialing prefix or URL, you can expect the same interactive
experience you've come to enjoy from ESnet Video Service.

Again, our apologies for any inconvenience.  Thank you for understanding
this is a necessary emergency action.  Another notice will be sent when
more information is available regarding reinstatement of the service.

Take care,
Simon
ECS Technical Support