[Videoconferencing] Please report equipment problems!

Andrew Daviel advax at triumf.ca
Tue Nov 25 15:38:53 PST 2008

I just attended an H323 meeting from the auditorium. The table microphone
had been hidden in the podium, the echo canceller was in an error state,
the power amplifier had been switched off and the Viewstation volume
control was set to minimum. Took me a few minutes to figure it all out.

I presume the echo canceller had started making noise through the
speakers, perhaps as a result of a power bump, and someone had turned
things off to get some peace. OK, I can understand that. But please tell
me, or preferably report it on the videoconferencing queue on
http://helpdesk.triumf.ca

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada
Tel. +1 (604) 222-7376  (Pacific Time)