[Videoconferencing] Should we buy our own H323 MCU ?

Isabel Trigger itrigger at triumf.ca
Thu Oct 30 09:00:45 PDT 2008

Andrew,

A couple of thoughts from the ATLAS side:

We switched to videoconferencing with EVO mainly because phone
conferencing was expensive, so the 36$/hour/line will negate that
argument for using videoconferencing in the first place.

I would think the refurbished RadVision for ~1000$ would come closest to
fulfilling our immediate needs.  Something that would allow for up to 12
connections is certainly desirable, and I don't think we are ready for
the "future-proofed" system without more testing.  EVO is good in
principle but by switching to H.323 we would eliminate the problems
associated with people with really unsuitable equipment degrading the
quality of the whole meeting.

thanks
.. Isabel