[Videoconferencing] Projector replacement in ISAC2 video room (222)

Andrew Daviel advax at triumf.ca
Mon Feb 23 18:20:52 PST 2009

I have replaced both Hitachi projectors in the ISAC2 video room with Dell
5100MP (same as in room 223, auditorium).

The VGA adapters have not yet arrived. Which means that currently we only
have the console computer and H323 Viewstation connected, as the Dell's
second PC input is DVI and our cables are VGA (as are most laptops). I.e.
there is currently no capability to project from a laptop onto the end
wall.

I have connected the digital presenter to the Sony projector (left
wall) using the "laptop 2" cable. This may be disconnected to
use the left wall for a laptop.

We hope to get the adapters soon (were ordered last week from a local
supplier).

The Dells use wireless remotes which work no matter which way you point
them. I realized one can change the frequency, so there are two remotes,
one for each projector. Please don't lose them...

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada
Tel. +1 (604) 222-7376  (Pacific Time)