[Videoconferencing] ISAC2 video room (222) projectors

Andrew Daviel advax at triumf.ca
Tue Mar 3 16:26:59 PST 2009

Following replacement of the broken Hitchis with Dells, there have been
problems with the right projector flashing (failing to lock on the
console VGA signal). S-video - Viewstation H323 - is OK.

I swapped the projector with one from room 223 but the problem is still
there. I suspect an issue with the video card in the computer coupled
with the long cable length and different input characteristics in the new
projectors.

I will try a VGA splitter as a signal booster. Replacing the dual-head
VGA card in the PC with one we know works (in room 223) is not possible
because the PC is too old.

Meanwhile, the projector seems to lock on after a minute or so.
If it won't lock, and won't respond to the remote or power button, try
unplugging the VGA cable. Unplugging the power is not recommended as the
lamps need a cool-down period with the fan on to avoid damage from latent
heat.

- we apologize for the inconvenience  (God's final message to his
creation, in Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker trilogy)

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada
Tel. +1 (604) 222-7376  (Pacific Time)