[Videoconferencing] Re: Auditorium problems - fixed, maybe

Andrew Daviel advax at triumf.ca
Thu Sep 17 18:48:34 PDT 2009

.. and the weird

On Thu, 17 Sep 2009, Andrew Daviel wrote:

> Right now, there is no audio for conferencing or playing DVDs in the
> auditorium.

I checked the power supply voltages for the echo canceller, which were
OK. I swapped in another PSU, and it worked. I swapped back the original
PSU, and it continued to work. So I have left the system on, as normal.

We have no spare PSU, but have 2 identical units in other rooms. If
required, we can borrow one. We have had no history of failure.
Please let me know of any recurrence of "bip, bip".
(The amplifier may be switched off or down in the auditorium annexe; the
LCD panel on the Vortex should be lit and say e.g. "Vortex/TRIUMF
auditorium" in normal operation)

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada
Tel. +1 (604) 222-7376  (Pacific Time)