[Videoconferencing] Console upgrade in ISAC2 room 223

Andrew Daviel advax at triumf.ca
Wed Sep 8 18:35:28 PDT 2010

I have upgraded the console system (ag223) in ISAC2 room 223
from SL4 to SL 5.4.
EVO 2 now works (the new video tool requires glibc-2.5)

I have checked EVO, Firefox, OpenOffice, the projector control, Acroread
and some MIME handling (Flash, PowerPoint, PDF, MPEG). The Nvidia video
drivers (used by the projectors and EVO) are installed.

The previous home directories are preserved, including the browser
bookmarks and desktop for "video"

The document camera Web interface (firewire) is unchecked and probably
does not work. But the camera was not working well anyway (it keeps turning
off by itself)

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada
Tel. +1 (604) 222-7376  (Pacific Time)