[Videoconferencing] Re. EVO, Vidyo - (ATLAS Live News)

Isabel Trigger itrigger at triumf.ca
Fri Nov 18 16:13:20 PST 2011

Hi Andrew,

The plan for ATLAS (also CMS) is to begin the transition from EVO to
Vidyo now, and be finished with it before the end of 2012.

I'm not sure what that will mean for the future of EVO for other groups,
given that about 70% of their funding was apparently coming from CERN,
but I do think it will have a big impact and, at the very least, we'd
like to make sure we can run Vidyo in the existing videoconference rooms.

thanks
Isabel