[Videoconferencing] Auditorium upgrades - laptop testing

Andrew Daviel advax at triumf.ca
Thu Oct 31 09:15:53 PDT 2013

The video upgrades to the auditorium are just about complete.
In brief, we now have a matrix switcher and a touch-panel display - you
connect a laptop to a VGA or HDMI cable on the podium, then push a button
to say whether you want the Mac or laptop output to go to the projector
and/or LCD monitors.

But the laptop does not see the projector directly, it sees the Crestron
switcher. This is known to have some issues interacting with Windows XP.

Commissioning is not complete, and we have a list of issues that we know
about (e.g. the video is downconverted to 720p and loses a bit of
resolution). But now may be a good time to try out your laptop/pad and see
if it works as expected, while we have a chance to get things changed.

- does the laptop work at the expected resolutions
- do the images on the projector and monitors have the correct
   aspect ratio (are circles elliptical ?)
- do the images appear on the screen correctly with no cropped areas

For any reports: laptop make/model/operating system version

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada
Tel. +1 (604) 222-7376  (Pacific Time)