[Videoconferencing] RE. Evogh failing to start - Java

Andrew Daviel advax at triumf.ca
Mon Dec 23 14:42:33 PST 2013

A couple of people have reported that Evogh failed to start recently on
Linux.
I'm not sure exactly why - a browser or system update perhaps - but
the association of JNLP/Java Web Start seemed to be broken, perhaps
some "security" update as on Apple.

On the affected systems that I've seen, I updated the action for JNLP to
"/usr/bin/javaws" in Firefox preferences/applications.

(Evogh/Seevogh uses Java, but not the browser applet. It keeps a cached
copy of Java applications up-to-date with respect to the ones on the
webserver, and starts them with javaws)

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada
Tel. +1 (604) 222-7376  (Pacific Time)