[Videoconferencing] Audio problem in ISAC2 video room (222)

Andrew Daviel advax at triumf.ca
Fri Oct 17 22:03:53 PDT 2014

On Fri, 3 Oct 2014, Andrew Daviel wrote:

> There seems to be a problem with the echo canceller
> in room 222. I think a power supply is bad, and there may be a problem with
> one unit. I am continuing to investigate.

It looks like the main Vortex unit EF2280 is dead.

I have replaced it with the smaller unit from the auditorium.

This is basically working, although some levels may be wrong and the table
microphone does not seem to work (I am not sure if it was working
immediately prior to last week). The unit has less channels than the 2280
so I have only connected the right channel of the Linux system and
currently only two of the ceiling microphones.

Andrew Daviel