[Videoconferencing] FYI - SeeVoghRN now eZuceSRN - do NOT upgrade on SL5

Andrew Daviel advax at triumf.ca
Wed Jan 27 14:42:14 PST 2016

FYI

SeeVoghRN (SeeVogh Research Network) is now rebranded as eZuce SRN following the
acquisition of SeeVogh by eZuce.
It looks much the same with different graphics.

The download page is now http://srn.ezuce.com/downloads

I was just prompted to upgrade from 3.04 to 3.20 on my system at home (CentOS
6), which appeared to work transparently.

However, it appears that eZuce SRN will NOT work on CentOS 5 and
earlier. The TRIUMF meeting rooms are still running SL5.

Do NOT accept the offer to install and upgrade. Click "Exit" and
SeeVoghRN will still run.
If you accidentally upgrade, the system will not work and SeeVoghRN will
have to be reinstalled.

( I had previously tested the eZuce beta last month, which failed on
SL5, but did not get an answer to my subsequent question about
timelines. I did not expect the beta to be pushed out this quickly, or
to break itself. The video components in .eZuceSRN/plugins require
GLIBC_2.6)

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada
Tel. +1 (604) 222-7376  (Pacific Time)