[Videoconferencing] Projectors in ISAC2 223

Andrew Daviel advax at triumf.ca
Mon Nov 14 19:28:01 PST 2016

Per my earlier post, I have moved a Dell 5100 projector from 223 to 222
to restore the tiled display in that room.

However, the resolution glitch on the centre projector in 223 appears to
be a problem with the projector, not the cable or the video card - on
X11 startup, the projector appears not to send EDID information so X
sees it as a "generic" low-resolution display and won't show
higer-resolution options.

To restore the previous workaround - swapping the left and right cables
when restarting Xorg - I have replaced the failing projector in the left
position. It runs normally for about 10 minutes then goes to "lamp
failure" mode, adequate for setting the resolution (replacing the lamp
did not help).

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada
Tel. +1 (604) 222-7376  (Pacific Time)