[Videoconferencing] Update of video.triumf.ca (aka. auditorium SeeVogh computer)

Andrew Daviel advax at triumf.ca
Mon Nov 21 16:00:31 PST 2016

I have updated the operating system on video.triumf.ca from SL 5 to
CentOS 7. Currently, the SL5 system is still present on a separate disk
and is in fact the boot default after a power outage.

I have not reinstalled the Realmedia server. Old archived Real videos
should still be available for download or streaming via HTTP using the
Apache webserver. The website is basically a link to the TRIUMF
mediasite archive at UBC, aside from archives including some accelerator
physics lectures captured in SeeVogh.

I have not tested everything - some web functions may have broken.

I updated the SeeVoghRN client to the current eZuce SRN client (which
requires newer library versions than SL5). The Panasonic camera appears
to function OK in the test meeting.

Please report any problems.

(incidentally, the front Panasonic camera appears to have stopped
working. possibly the HDMI repeater. I will contact UBC)

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada
Tel. +1 (604) 222-7376  (Pacific Time)