[Videoconferencing] Changes to TRIUMF eZuceSRN/SeeVoghRN service

Kel Raywood kray at triumf.ca
Mon Oct 29 10:27:07 PDT 2018

I've not used eZuce but agree with Thomas about zoom and bluejeans.

I've had recent experience with Webex and gotomeeting and both were
problematic under Linux.  Joining a gotomeeting through the
web-interface worked, with audio (didn't try the video) but I found it
clumsy and there was no option to share a desktop from Linux.   Webex
was very dissappointing.  I've used their java client on Linux in the
past (5y ago I think) and it worked then. But they haven't updated it
recently and it just doesn't work now.    I had to remote-desktop to our
windows-server to use it. Fortunately phone-dialin was an option for audio.

I mentioned in a message to Davis a little while back that  if TRIUMF is
purchasing a commercial subscription to something for the lab, then I
think bluejeans is the no-brainer choice because of its integration with
Office-365 and good platform-independent and cross-platform support.

Also, FWIW, bluejeans list BCNet on the featured-customers section.