[Videoconferencing] Changes to TRIUMF eZuceSRN/SeeVoghRN service

Isabel Trigger itrigger at triumf.ca
Mon Oct 29 10:55:02 PDT 2018

Any researcher in Canada or WestGrid can get a Vidyo account https://www.westgrid.ca/support/collaboration/vidyo
… and anyone working at CERN can get a Vidyo account (and it’s the standard for all CERN-based meetings). And you don’t need a Vidyo account to join a Vidyo meeting if someone who has an account books the meeting.

But if we do have access to BlueJeans without paying (a lot) extra, I’d agree with everyone who said it was their first choice.

And eZuce has for the last several years basically just been a way of saying “we don’t really want remote participants to be able to say anything in this meeting, but it’s kind of funny hearing them fume about how their computer overheated twenty minutes into the meeting when they’d finally reinstalled the client yet again”. We shouldn’t be spending any money on it.

Isabel