[Videoconferencing] vibe, ubuntu18 Re: vibe working Re: Changes to TRIUMF eZuceSRN/SeeVoghRN service

John Behr behr at triumf.ca
Mon Nov 12 22:12:44 PST 2018

I have Vibe working in Ubuntu18.04.

I note that the 'keyring' privileges must be set up differently in
Ubuntu18 and/or Vibe...
i.e. if the 'keyring' isn't 'enabled' Vibe just exits before even
prompting for a password in Ubuntu 18.04,
but Vibe works anyway in Ubuntu 16.04,
while eZuce works anyway for now in Ubuntu 16.04 and 18.04.

I know there are ways to enable this 'keyring' thing on reboot, but for
now I just start something that knows how to prompt for it if it isn't
there... that includes my mobile internet USB stick, and if memory serves includes
Skype.

I would say this qualifies as "non-usual trouble."